機能が追加され、エディションが Standard, Advanced, Enterprise に分かれるようになりました。
- AppToggle – Enable per user entitlement and installation of applications within a single AppStack for maximum flexibility. Reduce the number of AppStacks that need to be managed, lower storage capacity and management costs even further, improve performance, and allow applications to share or have different dependencies in a single AppStack. In this release, AppToggle is supported for VMDK only.
- AppCapture with AppIsolation – Easily capture and update applications to simplify application packaging, delivery, and isolation with a command-line interface that enables IT to distribute AppStack creation to different teams and merge AppStacks for simplified delivery and management. With support for AppIsolation, AppCapture also integrates with VMware ThinApp® to enable IT to deliver native applications and ThinApp applications in one consistent format through AppStacks.
- AppScaling with Multizones – Allows integrated application availability across datacenters with replication of AppStacks across sites. Automatic import services scan file shares to populate AppStacks into data stores across VMware vCenter® instances.
- Integrated Application, User Management, and Monitoring Architecture – App Volumes is built on an integrated application-management and monitoring platform that recognizes patterns to create simple, yet powerful workflows for faster provisioning and application lifecycle management. Manage users within this new platform with context-aware user policy and profile management.
- Unified Administration Console – Use a simple admin view to deliver and manage applications, apply user policy, and proactively monitor your desktop and published application environments.